LASIK surgery is one of the most popular eye surgeries for vision correction. Many individuals receive fantastic results from LASIK. With over 20 million people in the U.S. alone having undergone LASIK, the results speak for themselves.
To enhance vision, LASIK reshapes the cornea’s curvature in order to alter the way light enters the retina and travels through the back of the eye. Changing the curvature helps the light focus more precisely on the back of the eye, which creates clearer vision. Along with improved vision, the actual LASIK procedure is relatively simple, taking minutes to complete with minimal discomfort. The results from LASIK are almost instantaneous; most patients can resume normal activities within 24 hours after the LASIK procedure.
Nearly 98% of patients achieve 20/20 vision or better after a LASIK procedure. There are many ways that LASIK can enhance your vision and your life. These vary from physical, to emotional, to financial. If you are still trying to decide whether or not to have the procedure, read on to see what you could gain.
- Vision. The most obvious benefit. LASIK will give individuals better vision than they have ever had. Many procedures result in even more accurate vision than what can be achieved by wearing corrective lenses and contacts.
- Convenience. Individuals that undergo LASIK will enjoy benefits that they would normally not be able to experience. Being able to see at night and avoiding the inconvenience of wearing contact lenses or glasses are only a few of the burdens that LASIK patients will no longer have to undergo.
- Lifestyle. Sports that used to be difficult for patients with corrective lenses to participate in are easier to play after having had LASIK. With LASIK, there is no longer a need for patients to wear glasses straps or goggles, or worry about contacts falling out during a sport. Outdoor activities, like swimming, can be enjoyed without the fear of losing lenses or contacts.
- Comfort. After healing from the procedure, LASIK patients are generally more comfortable than those who have not had the procedure. Headaches caused by glasses with wrong or outdated prescriptions will be a thing of the past. Many LASIK patients also report that the eye issues they had while at work, like computer eye strain, staying focused at meetings or presentations, and other problems, were no longer an issue after having the procedure.
- Cost. While LASIK requires up-front payments, over the long-term, it proves to be a quality investment. The procedure will often pay for itself based on a patient’s savings from not purchasing glasses and contacts in the years ahead. For those that cannot afford to pay the full amount up-front, payment plans are an option.
LASIK allows you to be the real you, boosting your self-confidence and morale. You’ll feel more confident physically, be more self-assured, and will be better able to enjoy all that life offers. Remember that any surgery is a serious matter and should be carefully considered and discussed by the patient with their doctor.
Contact Dr. Marvelli today to determine if LASIK is a good fit for you. The results and benefits are excellent, lasting, and life-changing.